Java is a general-purpose programming language that is object-oriented and class-based, and have few implementation dependencies. The java code can run on all platforms that support Java without the need for recompilation-write once, run anywhere.
Mozilla Firefox or firefox is a free and open-source web browser developed by the Mozilla foundation. Firefox is officially available for Windows 7 or newer, macOS and Linux. Firefox is also available for android.
- Java content on the website: steps;
- Open firefox
- Go to the site which you want to access using java
- Wait till java prompt appear, you will see in the middle of the page as ‘activate java’
- Click on ‘activate java’
- Click on ‘allow now’ when prompted, it will reload the website with Java content-enabled
- Enabling java content: steps:
- Understand limitation in this method: due to security issues, the current version of Firefox does not support java, neither will be future versions as well. So to enable java content you have to install an old version of firefox and then manually add java plugin.
- Go to java.com/en/downoad in the browser. You need to download and install it as a plugin
- Download and installing java:
- Click on free java download
- Click agree and start the download
- Click the downloaded java setup file
- Click ‘yes’ when prompted
- Click ‘install’ at the bottom of the java window
- Open the firefox downloaded the latest version that supports java
- Open the downloaded zip file and extract files from the folder
- Open the folder ones extracted and look for the firefox icon and click on that
- You need to disable the automatic updates. You need to click ‘not now’ or ask later ever prompted to update
- Once installed go to the setting and click on add on and also plugins.
- Make sure you keep the settings on ‘always activate’. Doing so will activate java for any website that you visit in this version of firefox. Make sure you don’t update this version of firefox at all.
- If you accidentally update firefox or get pushed through, you can reinstall Firefox 51.
- Open firefox
- Go to the configuration
- Click on ‘I accept the risk’ when prompted