While using your system or PC have you ever noticed any app or process using much more memory than normal or required. Then you’re not alone, many people have come across such situations in which they have acquainted such apps or processes in which the CPU memory usage is inappropriately high. This situation may get the attention of the user when they visit the task manager.
What is WSAPPX
WSAPPX in windows can be understood as a background service in Windows 8/10. It is a part of the Windows store. The primary function of this program is to communicate with Windows Store to update Windows apps. Many such situations occur when this program becomes unresponsive, and this is when such a process starts consuming a lot of your CPU memory. As a consequence, your CPU would slow down and give a huge lag time and will easily disturb the performance of the system.
What is the Reason for Using Much of CPU Memory
The process WSAPPX generally uses a noticeable amount of CPU memory when your system is installing, uninstalling or Updating Store apps. So in general if the user encounters WSAPPX disk usage taking 100% disk usage, then it could be due to an app which is getting installed in the background.
To check whether the process is currently installing/updating an app, the user simply needs to open Windows Store. Click on the user icon from the right top corner and on the next window the user can disable the automatic app updates.
How to Fix WSAPPX High CPU Use Error
There are a few methods helpful, enabling the user to fix the high CPU Usage problem.
1. Update Your Device Drivers -:
Al though the WSAPPX High CPU use problem is not directly related to the drivers of the device but many a times an outdated device driver can cause incompatibility issues. This is when you PC tries to update your drivers automatically in the background.
In this process, your system is trying to update a faulty driver. This somehow points us to the direction that the process has become unresponsive. This when such process starts consuming a lot of CPU Memory.
2. Increase Virtual Memory -:
This could also be a problem related to virtual memory of your system. Windows 8/10 automatically manages paging file size and virtual memory so it is possible enough to increase it. As the virtual memory of the system increases, it can easily run other processes in background. Virtual memory of the system can easily be increased by following instructions -:
Open Performance Settings -:
Visit the control panel in your operating system and see system settings there. If you’re unable to locate system settings then follow the below-given steps -:
- Click on the start button in Windows
- Type settings and wait for the settings app to pop up.
- You will be able to open settings now.
Open Settings to Change Virtual Memory -:
Visit the performance options window, select the middle tab “Advanced ” . Here the user can easily change Virtual Memory Settings.
3. Disable Windows Store -:
If the user is still not able to resolve the high CPU usage error then they need to follow the following instructions to disable the windows app store -:
- Press Window Logo key and R key together. You will have a toolbar(Run Utility option). Here you can search for programs.
- Type “gpedit.msc” without quotes and hit enter. When the registry editor pops open, expand local computer policy.
- Click on computer configurations that come under local computer policy. Double click computer configuration, you will see administrative templates in registry editor now.
- Find an entry for store in registry , double click store to see registry settings.
- Right click on turn off the store application, in the context menu you will have an option to enable this option
- Enable it to turn off the store application
- Finally restart your PC.
WSAPPX is one of the most essential components of the operating system. Windows uses it all to install and apps through the store. Few times it may start consuming more than half of the CPU Memory. The above-discussed solutions would help the user to save their PC and handle such problems.