Sending and receiving emails is a paramount part of the world. Every job in today’s world has its roots to communication through the mail. From invitations to selection letters to the very basic reservation confirmation, email has an important role to play.
Gmail serves as a free email service developed by Google which enables its users to operate their mail services on the web. It is developed in a way that email can be intuitive, well organised and convenient to the users. It is an easy to use app which not only saves time but even keeps user’s messages secured.
Features of Gmail
- With an overall merge of Gmail, Google drive, and Google+ photos Google now provides a storage capacity of fifteen Gigabytes. Google also enables it’s users to buy additional storage through monthly subscription plans.
- The Gmail user interface differs from other web mail systems with its pivot point on searching and conversation threading of emails.
- Gmail’s tabbed inbox feature enables the application to categorize user’s emails. Tabs in the Gmail inbox are Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates and Forums.
- Gmail also provides its users with a feature known as spam filter. The spam filtering features a community driven system. If any marks any email as spam, this provides information to the system to prevent similar future messages.
- Gmail’s interface supports 72 languages. Google has added over 100 virtual keyboards, transliterations and input method editors to Gmail and later added handwriting input support to Gmail.
How to delete a Gmail Account
- Navigate to Google Account Settings.
- Select Data & Personalization.
- There appears a page, scroll down to the option Download, Delete or make a plan for your data.
- Tap on Delete a service or your account.
- On the next page that appears, choose the same option Delete a service.
- On the following page, click on the trash icon next to the Gmail account option.
- Add an optional email address other than the one you’re deleting in the dialog box that appears with the question “How will you sign in to Google dialog box.”
- Click on the Send Verification Email option.
- Open the email from Google with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link in the message.
- below the Confirm Gmail Deletion select “Yes I want to delete [email protected] permanently form my Google Account”
- Tap on Done.
Gmail is a noteworthy app which enables its users to draft emails faster using Smart Compose, or reply messages quicker with suggested responses generated by smart reply. It also extends a feature “nudge” which allows you to follow up on emails with subtle reminders in your inbox and also notifies the user to reply to threads, in order to enable the user to prioritize what’s important to them or overdue.