General folk these days has become a huge fan of gaming. They have various platforms to buy games and even to play using those platforms and have their own share of enjoyment and entertainment. There are various such platforms which host gaming. Steam is one such platform which is developed by Valve and owned by Gaben. This gaming platform helps you maintain your games. The user can even participate in beta games and publish their own games. Basically, this is a platform for Gaming Geeks.
Where Do Refunds Apply
Steam provides refund facility for its users wherein the users can request refund for nearly any purchase on steam. If the request is made within the required return period and in case of games . The user will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval.
The steam refund offer within two weeks f purchase and less than two hours of playtime is applicable to games and softwares on the steam store. There are a few other types of purchases which allow refund offer.
1. Refunds on in-game purchases -:
Steam offers refund for any in-game purchases for any Valve developed games within forty eight hours of purchase. As long as the bought in game item has not been modified, transferred or consumed. The third party app users or developers can have the option to enable refunds for in-game items.
2. Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles -:
On pre-purchased titles in steam, the user can request a refund at any time prior to the release of their title. The standard 14 day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the games release date.
3. Refund on Steam Wallet -:
The users may also request a refund for steam wallet fund within 14 days of purchase. If they are purchased on steam and the user has not used any of those funds.
4. Refunds on Gifts -:
Un-deemed gifts of the user can be refunded within a standard of 14day/two-hour refund period. Redeemed gifts can be refunded under the same condition if the gift recipient initiates refund.
How to Request Refund for Steam Games
In order to request a refund for steam games the user should follow the following procedure -:
- The user should navigate to steam help (help.steampowered.com) and then the user will have to login with their steam account.
- After the user has logged into the account, then click on “A Purchase”.
- The user should find the purchase which they would like to get a refund of and click on it. If the purchase is not listed then it falls outside the refund window and is ineligible for a refund.
- Next the user should select the problem which they are having with their purchase or product.
- Next, the user should click on “I’d like to Request a Refund”.
- The user should submit the request form. Please check on the drop down menu icon to select the steam wallet or the original payment method.
- Next, the user should receive a confirmation email that their request has been successfully submitted.
On the request of the user via help.steampowered.com, a refund for any title can be requested within 14 days of purchase. The user will receive refunds through a steam wallet or through the same payment method within due time.