Someone rightly said, “Old is Gold”. Most of us eagerly await the arrival of new things, but after they have arrived we start pining for the old ones. We shouldn’t always be in a rush to replace things. Sometimes we should stick to what works for us. This is especially true in case of the new Whats App version.
While the newer version was eagerly awaited it was quickly panned because it disregarded the simple minimalist features that mad Whats App such a hit with people of all age groups. Both old and young alike could use WhatsApp in no small part due to its ease of use.
So if you are one of those people reminiscing in misery about the previous version of WhatsApp, we have the perfect solution for you. We will tell you how to install an older version of WhatsApp.
- Download the old WhatsApp apk (v2.17.60). It is important that you pay attention to the version so that you don’t end up with the wrong version by accident.
- Go to your Android device’s settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources. Ignore the warning. Disregard the warning that shows up.
- To get a previous of WhatsApp you have to get rid of your current version first. Uninstall But before that makes sure to backup your WhatsApp Chat lest you lose months or years worth of valuable correspondence. Go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chat Backup > Backup. You have the option to back up locally or within Google Drive. We recommend Google Drive, that way you will always have it when you need it.
- Once you are done backing up your chat, uninstall the WhatsApp app from your device. Proceed to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Uninstall.
- Next, put the Whats App apk file that you downloaded in your device. Make sure to store it somewhere where you will have no trouble finding it later.
- Install the APK on your phone.
- Then put in your phone number. Tap Ok.
- You will get a verification code. Enter that code. WhatsApp will import all you contacts and previous chat correspondence from the internet.
You can download the previous version of WhatsApp by typing in WhatsApp APK on Google. Try websites like apkpure or apkmirror. Be mindful of what version you are downloading. Also don’t update your WhatsApp or you will lose your current version.
Here’s how you do that
- Open Google Play.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top left.
- Tap Settings, and then click on Auto Update Apps.
- To stop automatic app updates, select the Do not update apps.
So we have told you everything from how to install older versions of WhatsApp to keeping them as is. Hope you enjoyed our post.