Emails are an essentially an important part of communication in today’s professional world. Emails serve as a necessary tool not just for communication, instead it also includes sharing of instructions, work related procedures, appointment letters, interview letters and also serves as a medium of transference of various other information.
Now, when we talk about communication, this happens quite a number of times that we receive number of spam Email. As a consequence of which, results in the deletion of such emails and many other emails with it. Many times we happen to delete our much important emails which may be required in the near future.
Where to find the deleted Emails
Irrespective of an email setup that a person has, there are chances that the emails deleted by the user are still kept hidden from the normal view and can still be further recovered.
Deleted emails can be found in one any given locations:-
- The deleted Items folder in the outlook itself or the user’s email account.
- Hidden from regular view with the help of IMAP email accounts.
- Under the recoverable items folder which works with exchange and office 365 account.
- In the backup location of your computer, in the cloud or with the user’s Email provider.
How to recover a just deleted Email in Outlook
If you find yourself at the very moment of deleting a mail that you want to keep, then recovering that particularly becomes an easier task.
- Press Ctrl-Z
- Make sure that you took no other action right after that deletion such as moving or flagging any message before pressing Ctrl-Z. Because Ctrl-Z undoes the very last action taken by the user.
- The Ctrl-Z command works time after time and can reverse a series of actions. This serves the purpose of recovering the desired email.
How to recover an Email form Deleted Item folder in Outlook
Almost all the deleted emails in outlook definitely visit the Deleted Item folder for sure. And for this reason, one should definitely look in the Deleted Item folder for recovery of any important mails.
- Reach for the Deleted Items folder in the account.
- For POP and Exchange or Outlook Mail on the Web email account, this folder is known as Deleted Items.
- For IMAP accounts such a folder is known as Trash.
- Click and search for Deleted Items or whatever your trash folder is named as.
- After search highlight the message that you want to recover.
- Multiple messages and emails can also be highlighted at a single time in order to recover the whole bunch in a single command.
- Select Move and then choose Other Folder tab in order to recover and move mails to a different folder. Ctrl-Shift-V would also serve the purpose well.
- Highlight the folder name in which you want to restore the mails and messages.
- Click on OK.
So whenever you delete an email in Outlook, it might disappear from sight but is not immediately destroyed completely however enabling its users to recover the required emails.