Snapchat is the most loved social platform for sharing videos and photos with your friends and the world. The best feature of this app is that no matter what you share, either photos or videos, no one can store it or take a screenshot of it. It disappears after it is opened, maybe maximum 10 mins it is seen. Once they are gone they are gone.
However, there is a provision where anyone can take a screenshot of your photo on their phone. However, the Snapchat notifies the person when you take a screenshot of their snap or story.
Screenshot A Snapchat
Here’s how you can take screenshots without knowing them:
Delaying screentime notification:
- Open the Snapchat app, go to the snap you want to open and make sure it loads completely.
- Turn off your wifi, your Bluetooth, cellular data and everything else that keeps the phone connected, and then turn on Airplane mode.
- Then go back to the snap, tap on it and take a screenshot.
- The next part is a little critical if you don’t want to be caught.: immediately after taking the screenshots, you need to press and hold the power button until the power off screen appears.
- Then press and hold the home button, in seconds, your phone will have restarted, the Snapchat screenshot which you took will be reloaded back to normal as if you had never opened it in the first place.
- If you don’t press and hold the home button, this technique just delays the screenshot notification that the other person would receive.
Clear App data:
It is a very tedious process but it also does not involve sideloading or installing any kind of third-party apps on your phone. What the idea is that, let the Snapchat load the story or image, turn off your internet connection and take a screenshot. Now before Snapchat can send any type of notification to the sender, you have to clear the app cache and data from the setting.
Use a screen recording App:
On Android, Snapchat is still not able to detect whether you are recording your screen or not, while you are in the app.
- You can download the screen recording app from play store or there are inbuilt
- Open Snapchat and start recording your screen
- While the recording is on, open the Snapchat and just view the stories or snaps which you want to screenshot or record it.
- Once done, stop recording
- You can now see that you can the screenshots from the screen recording which you can find in the recorded video in file manager or gallery.
Use Google assistant:
It is really smart and one of the easiest ways to take a screenshot of anyone’s Snapchat story without knowing anything to anyone. Snapchat has not resolved this so it can be used to the fullest till it’s available.
- Open the Snapchat to the picture that you want to screenshot.
- Call the Google assistant by saying OK google
- Ask the google assistant to take a screenshot by saying “take a screenshot” or even type it out.
The only drawback to this method is that google assistant doesn’t have the option of saving rather it asks to share it with someone or upload to google photos.
Sometimes, you may feel it is necessary to take Snapchat screenshot, but before you think that, remember that it is still a breach of privacy and trust. You are putting your relationship in jeopardy. This is also a reminder that nothing is private if you share it online. If you are taking screenshot today, tomorrow someone else will surely take a screenshot of your Snapchat.