YouTube is a free to use service where music videos, recipes, comedy shows, how-to guides, talent shows and many more such videos can be shared with the world.
What is a YouTube channel?
You can become a YouTube member and own a personal YouTube channel. You can upload quality content videos -> get more watch hours, subscriptions for your videos and in turn make money out of YouTube.
If you are a YouTube member, you can customize the background and color scheme of your personal channel and control some of the information that appears on it.
What is YouTube channel art?
If you are sharing some videos online using YouTube channel, you can make your channel look professional and unique by using channel art. It will tempt users to watch your videos and they become subscribers of your videos.
We can say that YouTube channel art is the large banner that goes across the top of your channel page. It visually communicates your feelings and the channel’s brand and personality. This is nothing but a large image file.
Which tools provide YouTube channel art templates?
There are various tools that will help you create art for your YouTube channel: Snappa, Canva, Adobe Spark, Fotor etc. You can find plenty of free templates online such as travel template, vacation template, photography template, music template, cooking template, gaming template, business campaign template, lifestyle template, lady’s blog template, clothing store template, medical template etc. for making YouTube channel art.
These large image template files are available in PNG, PSD formats etc for free as well as paid. You have to download the template file and edit it in suitable software.
How to Download Free YouTube Channel Art Template PSD?
PSD stands for Photoshop document. You can create amazing YouTube art for your channel by downloading the free PSD templates.
Some guidelines for creating channel art:
- It has to be responsive design as viewers can see your channel on different devices like desktop, mobile, and TV displays.
- The minimum size of the image file that you upload as your channel art: 2048 px x 1152 px. This is the “safe area” where each side of the channel art will be visible depending on the viewer’s browser size.
- Maximum size of the image file that you upload as your channel art: 2560 px x 423 px. This is the “safe area” where text and logos are guaranteed not to be cut off when displayed on different devices.
- The current recommended size by YouTube is 2560px x 1440px. This design looks perfect mostly on all devices.
- YouTube Channel Art Max File size: 4MB
- Keep the YouTube channel art simple and clean
- Use colours that will stand out
- Make sure the art describes your channel
Steps to create PSD YouTube Channel art:
- You have to search for free “.psd” template files for YouTube
- Download the PSD template file
- Edit it in Photoshop
- Upload to your YouTube channel on channel art home page
- Templates might use different fonts. The fonts will be available in the downloaded zip file
- Before opening the PSD file, you should install these fonts in your PC/laptop.
When you open the sample template file in Photoshop, it will look as shown below. You will see horizontal strips where important parts of your design should go.
The Text and Logo safe area is visible on all devices. This is an important part of the design. Desktop and tablets are a little wider. The large area is for people watching on TV through Apple TV, chrome cast, smart TV’s etc.
Designing using Photoshop is a pretty enjoyable job because you can browse photos directly from Photoshop.
How to upload your Channel Art to your YouTube channel?
Once you design your art, you have to upload it to YouTube. First, you have to log in to your channel.
- In the older YouTube layout, click the pencil in the top right of the header and choose Edit channel art. In the newer YouTube layout, click the camera icon in the top right.
- Uploader opens. Either drag your Channel Art file here or click on the blue button: Select a photo from your computer
- Choose your saved channel art
- You are done!!
Creating art for your YouTube channel gives a mesmerizing view of your video. It is easy and you will definitely enjoy creating one.